Institute e-Austria Timisoara is a research institute created in 2002, which is dedicated to the promotion of excellence in scientific research and technological transfer in the field of information technologies.
One of the main goals is to promote cooperation between Romania and other European countries, both scientifically and economically.
The institute is a private non-profit research association between:
- RISC (Research Institute for Symbolic Computation, Linz, Austria)
- UVT (Universitatea de Vest Timisoara, Romania) and
- UPT (Universitatea Politehnica Timisoara, Romania),
The funds for the institute start-up were provided by:
- BMWF (Austrian Ministry of Education, Science, and Culture),
- BMWA (Austrian Ministry of Economy) and
- MEC (Romanian Ministry of Education and Research)
in the morning of 23th September 2017.